Those who pass through this course have simulations of emergencies, first aid, communication classes, and classroom training in aircraft. The curricular plan is focused on the practical part, preparing candidates to work on an airplane, both in terms of management and organization, flight attendant income (รายได้ แอร์โฮสเตส which is the term in Thai) and dealing with possible emergencies.
In addition, a flight attendant also needs to meet safety standards, have the necessary calm to deal with situations of stress, and how to help in case something happens. As a general rule, there are still requirements regarding height, appearance, and mastery of foreign languages. It all depends on the airline.
In the end, a certificate is awarded to approved students, proving their aptitude to start working in the area.
Also, note that many airlines have preparatory courses (theoretical and non-practical). That is, not courses where an aptitude for the profession is conferred, but courses that help you prepare for the selection process.
How To Apply For A Flight Attendant?
You can find on the website of all the companies in a section dedicated to the recruitment of new employees and their flight attendant income (แอร์โฮสเตส รายได้ which is the term in Thai), where the selection processes must be open and a form for sending spontaneous applications.
As a general rule, all the airline companies are very competitive, and some receive more than 12 thousand applications per year. To stand out, we leave some tips that may be useful:
- Learn how to build a good resume;
- In the face-to-face phases, demonstrate your personality, always with sympathy and friendship;
- Research about the company and train possible answers to possible questions that are asked in the job interview;
- Pay attention to your appearance so that you are dressed appropriately.
- If possible, talk to people who work or have worked as commissioners to learn more about the profession.